Edgewater Hotel Downtown Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't, since I live in Seattle, but I've eaten there, and have friends who've stayed there. As you probably know, the Edgewater is right on the waterfront -- in fact, it's on a pier that juts out into Elliott Bay (Puget Sound). It's expensive, but it's the sort of place that attracts celebrities, since the views are amazing when the weather's good. You'll be able to see the ferries come and go, and on a clear day, you'll be able to see sunset over the Olympic Mountains. So yes, if it fits your budget, it should be a great place for a special celebration. Enjoy!

I haven't, since I live in Seattle, but I've eaten there, and have friends who've stayed there. As you probably know, the Edgewater is right on the waterfront -- in fact, it's on a pier that juts out into Elliott Bay (Puget Sound). It's expensive, but it's the sort of place that attracts celebrities, since the views are amazing when the weather's good. You'll be able to see the ferries come and go, and on a clear day, you'll be able to see sunset over the Olympic Mountains. So yes, if it fits your budget, it should be a great place for a special celebration. Enjoy!
I don't know if they still do this, but when we stayed we saw a sign that said, "fish from your room." I thought it was a joke but they told me that they did rent fishing poles and if you caught anything they'd cook it for dinner in the restaurant.

They had to discontinue the "fish from your room" policy. Seems guests were catching fish, putting them in the bathtub....and then leaving, with the fish staying behind. And since putting fish used to living in saltwater into fresh water kills them, cleaning crews were finding tubs full of dead fish. That, as you might expect, put an end to that. :lol:

They had to discontinue the "fish from your room" policy. Seems guests were catching fish, putting them in the bathtub....and then leaving, with the fish staying behind. And since putting fish used to living in saltwater into fresh water kills them, cleaning crews were finding tubs full of dead fish. That, as you might expect, put an end to that. :lol:
I think cessation of that policy also tied to when Noble House Hotels http://www.noblehousehotels.com/ took over the Edgewater and significantly rennovated the property. It's been on my wish list for a long time, and it would be nice to deviate from my standard Starwood or Hyatt pattern in Seattle. I am just interested in whether anybody has recently stayed there, and how the rooms and service are.

I stayed a few months ago with room overlooking the water. It was awesome. I can recommend the hotel. Took taxi to and from hotel to train station.

Led Zeppelin used to stay there, so it must be a good place.

and another bunch of guys who fished from their window

f3i53p.jpg

I stayed there on business last year. Very nice hotel. It was quiet when I went, and it seems to be a hotel that would aim for a quiet atmosphere to begin with.

Didn't get to explore it much because of work, but from the time I was there, I really enjoyed it. :)

Personally, I prefer the Grand Hyatt out of all hotels I've stayed at in Seattle, due to its design, look, atmosphere, and business amenities, but that's me. It's also close to my bank's Seattle operations tower, so that's another reason. Makes for a short commute to meetings. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I stayed there on business last year. Very nice hotel. It was quiet when I went, and it seems to be a hotel that would aim for a quiet atmosphere to begin with.

Didn't get to explore it much because of work, but from the time I was there, I really enjoyed it. :)

Personally, I prefer the Grand Hyatt out of all hotels I've stayed at in Seattle, due to its design, look, atmosphere, and business amenities, but that's me. It's also close to my bank's Seattle operations tower, so that's another reason. Makes for a short commute to meetings. ;)
I totally agree with you about the Grand Hyatt. The rooms are spectacular. The suites are even better, and reasonably priced, and meals at Ruth's Chris are a treat. I often stay there and the Sheraton Seattle, which is nearby the Hyatt. I like their club level. The Edgewater New Year's weekend will be a nice departure from routine, and you can't debate the spectacular nature of the views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back