El Paso Parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njulian

Service Attendant
Here's another one..we will be leaving from El Paso (usually we leave on joint trips from Albuquerque), and they offer free parking, but which lot is it in? It's a confusing place around that station..is there a specified lot for long term parking or do you just park at the front of the station? I'm concerned about security as this lot is pretty wide open. Anyone have any experience with how wise it is to leave your vehicle there for a long time or would a better option be to find a close parking garage and then cab it over to the station. (PIA)

When we went there last summer, there were lots of spaces at the station but I don't know what they were for as I wasn't paying attention. I'd call the local number if you can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are signs around the Amtrak Station which serve notice that cars left overnight will be towed at the owner's expense. Here in Texas towing is a rather expensive service and involuntary towing is even worse. If you came back two weeks later you could be looking at thousands of dollars in fees just to get your car back. On the other hand none of the parking lots in downtown El Paso will accept responsibility for keeping your car safe from harm or being smuggled into Mexico. All your payment buys you is a promise not to tow your car. So pick your poison I guess. If I were in your shoes I'd probably leave my car in airport parking and then grab a cab down to the station. Even though safe and reasonably priced parking is a major problem at many Amtrak stations across the country this issue seems to be lost on Amtrak management and budget planners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Yikes. Last time I'd looked it said free parking. OK..thanks! Airport is a bit of distance, I thought there'd be a parking garage downtown for the Abraham Chavez Center and the Plaza? Will have to check further. shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back