electronic ticketing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveKCMO

Service Attendant
a few years ago it seems i read about a pilot or test of electronic ticketing for amtrak, similar to what the airlines have been using for years. anyone know if this is still happening? and when?

I think it will be a while before Amtrak starts this program. I know the White House has a Quik-Trak machine for the White House staff. That's all I know.
That's cool. They should start putting Quik-Trak in convention centers, major hotels, etc.

I think it will be a while before Amtrak starts this program. I know the White House has a Quik-Trak machine for the White House staff. That's all I know.
That's cool. They should start putting Quik-Trak in convention centers, major hotels, etc.
It would make more sense to put them at unstaffed stations before they go putting them all around town.

a few years ago it seems i read about a pilot or test of electronic ticketing for amtrak, similar to what the airlines have been using for years. anyone know if this is still happening? and when?
IIRC, the last I heard was that they were to start testing things later this year in California, before rolling it out around the country assuming that the test was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back