Electronic Transportation Certificate

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DryCreek

Lead Service Attendant
Howdy,

I have a question about the above-mentioned ETC. The e-mail it came in explains how to redeem it, but I have another question - do I have to use the full amount in one booking, or can I plan a couple of shorter distance trips with the value assigned ($500)?

The steps for redeeming the voucher seem quite convoluted too. From the e-mail:

"In order to redeem this certificate, please contact Amtrak's Reservation Sales line at 1-800-USA-RAIL (800-872-7245) and speak to a live agent to create your reservation, but do not apply payment. Instead, request to be transferred to the Customer Relations Department to have the Certificate applied to the reservation."

So, it is a two-step process, but I reckon I can figger it out. I am just wondering if I can use the voucher for a quick R/T from CBR to OKC and then later R/T CBR to SAS. My wife isn't too keen on booking another LD trip at this time. I would like to do another overnighter, but this time when it is cooler so if the car AC isn't up to the task like this last spring, it won't matter much.

More from the e-mail:

"As a token of our regret for your disappointment, our department has issued you an Electronic Transportation Certificate in the amount of $500.00. The Certificate is being held on file for you until June 7, 2016. The certificate is non-transferable and may only be used toward the fares of those named on the certificate."

At least they did address our concerns of sometimes poor service and equipment deficiencies. I like to see that they are at least responding to customer complaints. I really had high hopes for our trip this year as I am growing to really detest flying any more.

Yep, you can use any amount you like towards several trips on Amtrak and the balance will be held in escrow for you until you book another trip!

Should you decide to not use it all, or are unable too before the expiration date, CR will automatically extend the date IF you book a trip before the expiration date arrives.

Theoretically you can do this indefinitely until the total amount is spent on Amtrak travel.

I have one too, and have an additional question. I intend to use mine in a rt chi-emy on the ca in a roomette. I will have 200 plus left over. If my gf wants to join me, can I use the remaining funds to add her to the sleeper?

I have one too, and have an additional question. I intend to use mine in a rt chi-emy on the ca in a roomette. I will have 200 plus left over. If my gf wants to join me, can I use the remaining funds to add her to the sleeper?
That will pay her Rail Fare since its @ Low Bucket when you book a Sleeper! (as the Room charge covers both of y'all ! )

Thanks y'all. Looks like I need to get busy and book a quick weekend R/T between CBR and OKC. It looks like there are a few affordable and decent hotels in the Brickyard that are "walking" distance. My wife is still hobbled with a walking boot right now after a nasty tumble out of the back of the stock trailer while we were loading calves just before our CBR-TUS vacation this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back