Email/Text Notification of Ticket scanning?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called APGR and was told these emails are a relic from B4 etickets and IT has not bothered to correct the issue. He also put me on hold and verified what RPA said about no longer cancelling subsequent legs of a reservation if a leg does not get scanned. He said they would send an email saying there is an issue with a reservation. My call was answered in less than 30 seconds. No idea why people stay on hold. I called a few days ago, was told it was a 30 minute wait, elected to have them call me back when it was my time. I got a call back in less than 30 minutes.

My call was answered in less than 30 seconds. No idea why people stay on hold. I called a few days ago, was told it was a 30 minute wait, elected to have them call me back when it was my time. I got a call back in less than 30 minutes.
With all due respect, I suspect that you have not had anywhere near the experience with Amtrak reservations or guest rewards that some of us have had in the past few years.

With all due respect, I suspect that you have not had anywhere near the experience with Amtrak reservations or guest rewards that some of us have had in the past few years.
You are absolutely right about past experience, only our third year. Did they have the call back feature in those past years and did it work? It has worked all three years for us.

Re the email lacking a ticket, sounds like it's been addressed. From Amtrak's website

Intermittent Ticketing Issues Resolved​

September 01, 2023 04:00 PM

Customers are now able to receive travel documents via Email or within the Amtrak app. Amtrak. Customers who purchased tickets today should no longer have any issues. We appreciate your patience and we thank you for choosing Amtrak.

Back