Emeryville

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovetrains

Train Attendant
As stated in my first post, my first train trip is coming up next month :D . I will be traveling on the Zephyr from Chicago to Emeryville.

At Emeryville I am needing to get to the nearest BART station. While looking at maps of the area it appears as if a person could nearly walk but not ever having been in the area I was wondering if anyone knew how far it is to the nearest BART station in Emeryville and if it is easy to get a cab there.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I'm not sure how easy it is to walk to the BART station, although I do know that it is not adjacent to the Amtrak Emeryville station. Also not sure about cabs either.

But if you book the Amtrak Thruway bus to San Francisco's Ferry Building stop, you can then board BART from there. And since the bus is a guaranted connection to the train, you know that it will be there when you arrive on the CZ.

Alan's suggestion to use the Thruway bus is a good one if you're going to San Francisco - it's easiest. If you're headed elsewhere in the Bay Area, or you just wanna ride BART (as I would), the nearest station is Ashby. According to the BART website and map it's 1.69 miles from the Amtrak station. Definitely a cab deal. And in that event it would be good to do a little research and have some local cab numbers with you, although as I recall some are posted in the station.

BART

There would probably be cabs on hand at EMY to meet the train, but you wouldn't want to count on it.

Had to edit the BART link. It works now.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past I've always seen cabs waiting at the Emeryville station when Amtrak comes in, but I agree that some advance research is always a good thing to have.

Note that it's also possible to get to/from the Emeryville station using a free shuttle bus. See:

http://www.emerygoround.com/

During hours when the shuttle isn't running, a regular public bus connects BART with the shopping center just across the tracks from the Amtrak station ... the Emeryville Amtrak agent gave me instructions on how to find that bus when I needed it once.

In the past I've always seen cabs waiting at the Emeryville station when Amtrak comes in, but I agree that some advance research is always a good thing to have.
Note that it's also possible to get to/from the Emeryville station using a free shuttle bus. See:

http://www.emerygoround.com/

During hours when the shuttle isn't running, a regular public bus connects BART with the shopping center just across the tracks from the Amtrak station ... the Emeryville Amtrak agent gave me instructions on how to find that bus when I needed it once.
If CZ would make a stop in Richmond then all problems would be resolved.... because there is a transfer station Amtrak/BART

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back