Empire Builder 7 strikes, seriously injures man in Emerado, N.D.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far as I am aware the US has never conducted a formal inquiry into the likely causes and remedies of trespasser fatalities. I would personally support funding for such a study to see if we can get a better understanding of the situation. In the UK it would appear the vast majority of trespasser fatalities are likely to be suicide related. Perhaps the same is true here as well.

UK_Rail_Study.png
There is this one:

US DOT 2015
Thanks for the link. Relevance and suitability of data seems to vary depending on the state/country/region. Doesn't seem to be based on information precise or detailed enough to isolate contributing factors from among the possibilities I theorized above. Many of which would likely require a more in depth investigation than an on-site recovery could reliably ascertain. Looking over this data I'm reminded of articles where passengers falling from a moving train were casually determined to have perished by natural causes. Makes me wonder if the investigators had ever ridden an Amtrak train in their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back