Empire Builder derailment at Chicago 5/7/23

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it is really important that it be very precisely pointed on a specific track in the right direction, not just "roughly pointed". :D
I think Mr. Battuello was being facetious.
Yeah, it is really important that it be very precisely pointed on a specific track in the right direction, not just "roughly pointed". :D

As the widow of a Northern Maine B and A Section Foreman and someone who is traveling from Maine to Boston to Chicago to Seattle on The Empire Builder, I am a bit nervous! I’ve been on the Acela when the speed was reduced and the Engineer announce we were slowing down due to a few wrinkles in the track because of the heat. 90+ and I immediately envisioned the ten foot sun-kinks my husband faced on the tracks! He said the tracks sometimes reminded him of cooked spaghetti noodles!😳

I hope I can avoid any nervousness on the trip because I am very thrilled to be taking it!

As the widow of a Northern Maine B and A Section Foreman and someone who is traveling from Maine to Boston to Chicago to Seattle on The Empire Builder, I am a bit nervous! I’ve been on the Acela when the speed was reduced and the Engineer announce we were slowing down due to a few wrinkles in the track because of the heat. 90+ and I immediately envisioned the ten foot sun-kinks my husband faced on the tracks! He said the tracks sometimes reminded him of cooked spaghetti noodles!😳

I hope I can avoid any nervousness on the trip because I am very thrilled to be taking it!
I wouldn't worry. The drive to and from the train station will be the most dangerous part of your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back