Empire Builder info needed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie1a

Train Attendant
Does the train have a lounge car just for 1st class or is there only one lounge car on the train for everybody?

one sightseer lounge for all
Unless you are traveling between Seattle and Spokane. Then it is none for all. ;)

I have seen it where, if traveling between Seattle and Spokane (and, as Yogi Berra would say, vice reversa :giggle: ) where a couple of tables in the diner also functioned as a makeshift lounge. This was the case last month when I traveled from Spokane to Seattle. I don't know if that is the case all the time but have seen it happen more than once.

Unless you are traveling between Seattle and Spokane. Then it is none for all. ;)

I have seen it where, if traveling between Seattle and Spokane (and, as Yogi Berra would say, vice reversa :giggle: ) where a couple of tables in the diner also functioned as a makeshift lounge. This was the case last month when I traveled from Spokane to Seattle. I don't know if that is the case all the time but have seen it happen more than once.
I have observed the mini-lounge at the end of the dining car SEA to SPK regularly.

Ah, but you do get hot meals....
Instead of a crummy boxed breakfast - with a view - between Spokane and Portland.
The dinner I recieved when bussed from PDX-SPK, Salmon in a box, was pretty darned good!!!!
I've heard the boxed dinners are pretty darn good, so I had my hopes up the boxed breakfast would be decent. It crept aboard the train the previous night in Havre, IIRC, and was a soggy and drab ham & cheese sandwich (one slice of ham loaf, one slice of american cheese and a soggy bun - nothing else), a yogurt cup, an 'over the hill' fruit cup and a sugary coffee cake. A far cry from the fresh made-to-order breakfast of eggs over-easy I had in the DC the previous morning. Fortunately the view of the Columbia River Gorge was enough to sustain me until I got to PDX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive found the boxed meals on the PDX section of the EB to be Excellent, :wub: much better than the ones that used to be handed out in SAS for Breakfast on the Eagle when the Diner Crew deboarded in AUS the night before!(Of course they are not Hot Prepared food but they are better than Cafe Car food or Fast Food crap!!!)

If they ever put a CCC on the Portland Section of the Builder then there will be prepared meals but the Sightseer Lounge will move to the SEA section IINM?? :unsure:

I've found the box breakfast to be pretty darn fantastic. Maybe I just got lucky, or have exceptionally low standards.
the boxed breakfast hasn't changed at all in the past 5 or so years we have been riding spk-pdx. there is no selection as with the boxed dinner choices. imho,the boxed breakfast fits well with the complimentary newspaper, the spokane spokesman-review which accoridng to president harry truman was "the second worst newspaper in the united states"

I've found the box breakfast to be pretty darn fantastic. Maybe I just got lucky, or have exceptionally low standards.
the boxed breakfast hasn't changed at all in the past 5 or so years we have been riding spk-pdx. there is no selection as with the boxed dinner choices. imho,the boxed breakfast fits well with the complimentary newspaper, the spokane spokesman-review which accoridng to president harry truman was "the second worst newspaper in the united states"
Imagine there's Lots of cantidates for the Worst! :lol: :lol: :lol: (My cantidate is the Austin RealEstatesman! (nee Statesman!)

Imagine there's Lots of cantidates for the Worst! :lol: :lol: :lol: (My cantidate is the Austin RealEstatesman! (nee Statesman!)
harry gave the palm to the chicago tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back