Empire Builder Service Problem

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Back Logged Freights, BNSF moves a Lot of Freight on the High Line!! :excl: :excl: :excl:

**Todays #8 and #28 are Showing "Service Disruptions", the Hit's Just Keep on Coming on the High line! :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
#7(15) was 9:47 late in Montana before it disappeared from the map. It likely terminated in Spokane, with #8 departing from there in the wee hours tomorrow morning.

#7(16) is only three hours late in Havre, and I predict it will make to PDX/SEA. #8(15) is seven hours late in Minnesota but no longer losing time. #8(16) is 2:35 late in Montana and will likely lose another hour or two as it crosses the flood zone.

The main trouble area appears to be between Minot and Havre - a long stretch of single track that likely has multiple slow orders from recent heavy rains, combined with heavy freight traffic. More rain headed to ND tonight.

Personally I hope Amtrak keeps the EB running despite the delays. If I were them I would temporarily suspend guaranteed connections at both ends (from 27 to 11 and from 8 to eastern trains) until the situation improves. That might cost them ridership, but the trains sell out anyway over the summer. And it would save them lots of expense in terms of buses and hotel rooms.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back