Empire Status

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine from my hometown is on EB to SEA, and he just posted some photos up from Rugby and Minot area.. still a lot of water around the area. about 3 hours behind.

Train 7/27 of the 21st left Chicago more than 4 hours late due to a bad ordered lounge car that has to be replaced. The train then encountered the usual slow orders and freight traffic through North Dakota and Montana, resulting in a nearly 10 hours late train into Spokane where it was indeed terminated.

will train 7/27 that will go through Havre 7/23 and that is currently running some three to four hours late also be terminated in Spokane or is it too early to tell for sure.

will train 7/27 that will go through Havre 7/23 and that is currently running some three to four hours late also be terminated in Spokane or is it too early to tell for sure.

It's too early to tell for sure. There's enough padding in the schedule it could make up some of that time. I know that the Empire Builder I was to board in Spokane bound for Seattle on one of the few days the Empire Builder ran its full route last month was over 7 hours late out of Havre, westbound. It had made up 1 1/2 hours of that by the time it got into Spokane and was "only" 5 1/2 hrs late.

Back