EMY to SFC thruway connection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danib62

Service Attendant
I have a couple of questions about the bus connection to San Francisco (Amtrak doesn't seem to publish a lot of info about it). If I check a bag in PDX will they load it onto the bus for me or do I need to claim it in EMY and put it on the bus myself? Where exactly does the bus stop in SFC? I remember seeing on the old timetables that there were a couple of stops in San Francisco but there seems to be no mention of this anywhere on the site.

These days you have to claim it at EMY. The driver will help put it under the bus.

There is only one stop now, SFC, which is a curbside stop at Mission and Fremont. There is no station, staff, or waiting room.
With luck it’ll be on the bus rather than under it🙂.

Being dropped off at a stop does rather smack of anticlimax- reminds me of the the “scuttling in [to Penn Station] like a rat”. I thought Amtrak were supposed to have representation at the Salesforce Plaza terminal. Too much rent?

It does mean that if and when Mrs M and I make it there, we’ll be dragging the luggage a couple of blocks. I had to bribe her with two nights at the Four Seasons to get on the CZ.

There is only one stop now, SFC, which is a curbside stop at Mission and Fremont. There is no station, staff, or waiting room.

The stop moved last fall to 555 Mission Street, which is midblock on Mission Street between 1st and 2nd Street. There is some parklet seating, but the rest of your comment still applies. There is still no station, staff, or waiting room (or really any shelter from the elements).

Back