End of the Line

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheer Luck Holmes

Train Attendant
Sorry I have to share some bad news with you all. My world traveled kettle has made its last cup of tea. I bought it especialy to boil water on my first Amtrak trip a couple of years ago, and it has been at my side since, through all the important stations on the network. My kettle in action aboard amtrak

Sadly the domestic kettle here at 221b as I like to call it, had expired today

so in a moment of enlightenment I remembered "old faithfull", and plugged it in for an emergency refreshing cup of tea...Alas! my enlightenment did not extend to me remembering to reset the voltage back from 120v to 240v....it is used to the heat, but it's all over for it now.

I will put it in the recycling bin, and hope the next one has as many happy Amtrak miles ahead of it.

Tootle Pip!

Sheer Luck Holmes.

Sheer Luck Holmes said:
Sorry I have to share some bad news with you all. My world traveled kettle has made its last cup of tea. I bought it especialy to boil water on my first Amtrak trip a couple of years ago, and it has been at my side since, through all the important stations on the network. My kettle in action aboard amtrakSadly the domestic kettle here at 221b as I like to call it, had expired today

so in a moment of enlightenment I remembered "old faithfull", and plugged it in for an emergency refreshing cup of tea...Alas! my enlightenment did not extend to me remembering to reset the voltage back from 120v to 240v....it is used to the heat, but it's all over for it now.

I will put it in the recycling bin, and hope the next one has as many happy Amtrak miles ahead of it.

Tootle Pip!

Sheer Luck Holmes.
No shooting Sheer Luck, that is truely electrofrying :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back