engine fire makes interesting christmas eve

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoejeff

Train Attendant
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious if it was a 42 or AC-DM it seems like they've run through the AC-DM's recently here.

Thats odd, i was less than 20 miles from there yesterday. P32acdm are the usual for the Maple Leaf, every ounce in a while theres a p42, sometimes 2. Doesnt look too damaged. Ill see if i can check it out, anyone know where the locomotive was sent to?

Corey

Odds are it'll go to Rensselaer at first, but it may be transferred to BG or Boise later.

Odds are it'll go to Rensselaer at first, but it may be transferred to BG or Boise later.

The passengers were sure lucky to be re-boarded and on their way in ten minutes. All I can surmise is there were two units and the 105 had a small stack fire usually caused by laying around idling for extended periods of time. Anyone have any additional info if two units were on this train? Also, the crew usually doen't want to get underway until the "smoke" clears which leads me to believe the 105 was a trailing unit. For all the miles these Genesis engines rack up I'm surprised that GE supplied such a dependable engine after their past dismal track (absolutely no pun intended~ for those of you who remember the Sunset used to run with an on board machinist "just" to keep the Ge's running) record with Amtrak equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back