Engineer short on rest

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coachseats

Service Attendant
I had an experience that I have never had on the train before last night while on the CZ enroute to Iowa during my rail pass trip. We left CHI on time, ran on time or early all the way to Ottumwa, IA and then the conductor made an announcement that we would have to wait for an hour and fifteen minutes for the engineer who was to take over the train got his required number of hours of rest between shifts. He wasn't too happy about it and told us it was "due to poor planning on the part of management." The passenegers, including myself didn't seem too upset however, as we took the opportunity to get out and stretch, check out the station and CB&Q steam engine, and walk to some local food establishments for dinner. We departed as promised and got to my destination of Osceola a little under an hour late. Great trip so far- still have a week and a half to go. Will report details upon return.

wait for an hour and fifteen minutes for the engineer who was to take over the train got his required number of hours of rest between shifts. He wasn't too happy about it and told us it was "due to poor planning on the part of management."
Aloha

I would rather wait than have someone not prepared to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back