Erroneous AGR Credit Card Payment Reminder Email

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR 60

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Heads up to Amtrak FNBO card holders.

I got an email from FNBO this morning (6/29). It was a reminder that my minimum $30 payment is due in five business days. This was odd because my account was paid in full weeks ago. The payment due date shown on the email is correct, but upon further examination, the account number (last four digits) and account name are not.

While this could be a phishing attempt, the details including the correct payment due date makes me think that FNBO splashed out payment reminder emails to the wrong customers. So, if your account payment due date is soon and you get a reminder email, be sure to check to see that your name and account shown on the email are correct and, just to be sure, go to the FNBO website by entering www.fnbo.com directly in a browser and not by clicking the link in the email.

I got an email from FNBO this morning (6/29). It was a reminder that my minimum $30 payment is due in five business days. This was odd because my account was paid in full weeks ago. The payment due date shown on the email is correct, but upon further examination, the account number (last four digits) and account name are not.

While this could be a phishing attempt, the details including the correct payment due date makes me think that FNBO splashed out payment reminder emails to the wrong customers. So, if your account payment due date is soon and you get a reminder email, be sure to check to see that your name and account shown on the email are correct and, just to be sure, go to the FNBO website by entering www.fnbo.com directly in a browser and not by clicking the link in the email.
Good catach. I would call FNBO and report the "error".

I got this one too and I had already made my payment in full, so I'm inclined to think this was a phishing attempt since your account # was incorrect.

Good advice to not click on links in emails that you're suspicious of!

I got this one too and I had already made my payment in full, so I'm inclined to think this was a phishing attempt since your account # was incorrect.

Good advice to not click on links in emails that you're suspicious of!
My latest "Payment Due" email was last week and had the correct last four. It has since been paid in full.

Back