Everybody is on time this morning

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We rode the LSL overnight, and arrived in Rochester in good time. Really good trip, overall!

Oh, the diner car prepared my 3-year-old's pancakes in a Mickey Mouse arrangement...is that common, or was my kid particularly charming this morning?

Except the CS, which is in service disruption, as passengers will be bustituted between SEA and PDX due to yesterday's mudslide.
Charlie, do you know if they will be doing that again tomorrow?
The 48-hour passenger train moratorium expires at 9:20 am Monday, according to press reports. So assuming there are no further slides, and assuming Amtrak can get train 14's equipment to Seattle, train 11 might be running. Otherwise, 14 is likely to end in PDX this evening, and start the southbound trip from there Monday morning. I suspect we won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.

We rode the LSL overnight, and arrived in Rochester in good time. Really good trip, overall!

Oh, the diner car prepared my 3-year-old's pancakes in a Mickey Mouse arrangement...is that common, or was my kid particularly charming this morning?
Sometimes you end up with a great crew that likes to make the trip special for everyone, particularly kids. :)

When I was on the SWC a couple years ago, I asked if I could have cheddar and swiss on my burger. Instead of just laying the cheese slices on top like they normally do, the chef cut the cheese into strips and arranged them in a striped pattern. It doesn't sound like much, but I was impressed that they took the extra thirty seconds to do that. Those little touches can make a trip memorable.

Dixieland west showed all green this morning. I don't think I had ever seen that before.

Edit: I was defeated by technology again. I copied the image of the west from Dixieland, but none of the train number were in the copied image, just the map. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back