Ex-C&O Carferry Announces Schedule for '10

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrdude

Engineer
If you haven't experienced, and you are ANYwhere near either port, Ludington, Michigan or Manitowoc, Wisconsin, GO!

The ship is living history, and the crew and staff do a GREAT JOB.

It won't be around forever, so enjoy the steam-fired classic while you can!

Badger WEB Site

If you haven't experienced, and you are ANYwhere near either port, Ludington, Michigan or Manitowoc, Wisconsin, GO!
The ship is living history, and the crew and staff do a GREAT JOB.

It won't be around forever, so enjoy the steam-fired classic while you can!

Badger WEB Site
Let me second this recommendation. One of my truly great transportation experiences. I wrote about my trip awhile back so I won't bore you again with it, but I really enjoyed my trip from Ludington to Wisconsin.

Ed

I rode from Ludington to Manitowoc in June of 1956. They said it was one of the worst days in the history of the line as far as the weather was concerned. Everyone on board was sea sick. I'll never forget that experience!

I was on the ferry about 55 years ago. I don't know if it is the same ship, but it was a memorable trip.

At first I thought those prices were a bit steep, then I Googled the distance to drive around the lake. HOLY CRAP! Totally worth the ship ride!

I rode on the Badger in August 2008 and it was a great trip!! I recommend this trip for everyone. It was a lot of fun!!!

Back