Excited about first trip on AMTRAK

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilee

Train Attendant
Hello and Greetings from Michigan,

My husband and I try to take a vacation each year to a new destination. We wanted to go south this spring and just didn't want the hassle of air flight or the stress of driving, so I suggested AMTRAK. The more I read on this site the more I knew this would be a great way for us to travel. Our plans are based around a concert in Mobile Alabama on May 1 and also visiting the wonderful city of New Orleans! We are leaving on CONO April 28th and returning to Michigan on May 7. I have rented the downstairs of a house in Gulfport, MS so it will be easy travel to both NO and Mobile. We have reserved a roomette both ways on CONO and are in roomette 4 on the way to NO and roomette 6 on the way back to Chicago. I booked everything the beginning of Jan. so got excellent prices for the sleeper, and can't believe the wonderful menu offerings on the train. We are quite excited about this vacation and especially our first AMTRAK trip.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful postings on this site,

Marilee

Welcome!
hi.gif

I know you'll enjoy the trip! You do realize that there is no Amtrak train service to either Gulfport or Mobile, but it's an easy drove on I-10 from New Orleans.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say we wish you a wonderful trip and hope you'll return to post your own trip report, both the good and the bad. :cool:

Stick your head out the window and give me a shout when you pass thru Carbondale, IL. It will be 3 am but you will be too excited to sleep!!! Have a great trip.

Back