Fare Spotters Needed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niemi24s

Engineer
Just posted an updated fare bucket chart in the FAQ section and hope it remains current for a at least few more months. However, after many months of searches, there were 32 fares that remained either not offered or not observed - so I estimated them. Those estimated fares are in the red boxes, below:
36.1 - 2 Nov 2021 Amtrak Fare Buckets.jpg
If anyone spots any of those estimated fares being offered or any other mistakes, kindly let me know what the actual value is so I can amend the chart.

Last edited:
That is correct because it's actually the simplest (has the fewest number of fares). Such a chart containing all the partial routes would be about 400 times the size of this one because there are over 7,300 partial routes in the routes shown on this chart!

Thanks for posting this. That $623(600 for Seniors) on the SW Chief and TE are very hard to find. I grabbed a low bucket on the TE from LA to Chi for late January. That was the only one going through four months of dates. $899 seems to be the the usual price on both trains. That's the third bucket. No way I would pay that.

That is correct because it's actually the simplest (has the fewest number of fares). Such a chart containing all the partial routes would be about 400 times the size of this one because there are over 7,300 partial routes in the routes shown on this chart!
Based on available timetables there are a total of 7,495 partial routes in all the routes shown above. Adding in the end-to-end ones makes for a grand total of 7,620. However, those totals include station pairs that are common to two or more routes.

Back