Fast Track to Status Promotion (Porbably Targeted)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the best of my knowledge, I didn't get an email; and I never registered.

I had pretty much given up making lowly select again. But my wife and I decided to make a spur of the moment visit to chldren in Denver. Low and behold double points for Fast Track to Status brought me over the top.

What with Travel earning, Double days promotion, Select bonus points, Fast track to status, and AGR MC x 2 1442, I earned 6129 points.

Although more relevant to any number of other recent threads, the total price of $896 for two was considerably less that the cheapest air fare I could find (a purely academic excercise, you understand). And it was a very pleasant trip.

Currently at 7,270 Tier Qualifying Points. Upcoming travel will have me closer to 8000 in next few weeks. Still no email offering me the goodies others are getting. With matching 1000 TQP offer = I'd very easily make SELECT+ by end of year. Yes I'm aware I only have a month left to do so. In my area you actually have to ride often to get where I am at right now. Not like Acela riders who can easily make status levels in few months time without blinking.

I've more than doubled my earned TQP from last year - yet it would seem Amtrak doesn't want to reward that loyalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got some double TQP points, but it doesn't sound quite right. I thought that I was going to be under 900 points shy of Select Plus after a couple of segments and a 10-ride posted. I checked my status today, and I was under 650 points shy. Apparently the 10-ride points doubled, although the terms say that monthlies and multi-ride tickets don't qualify.

I'd also add that it appears as if the double TQPs also count as double points for the regular points total and not simply only added to the TQP total accounted separately from the regular points total. I'm thinking they could have also combined with the Double Points promotion.

I'm just hoping that this wasn't simply an accounting mistake that someone is going to take back later and I find I don't have enough TQPs to make Select Plus.

I'm now 90TQP away from SELECT+ never got any of this status promotion love. Exactly opposite - Amtrak Rewards fought tooth and nail over 300TQP and refused - absolutely refused to offer a Goodwill Adjustment - even though I still fully feel we were in the right to expect those TQP be credited. Honestly for a loyalty program = phone representatives and their supervisors did everything in their power to make it so I would want to stop riding Amtrak. I put my rear in a seat and went out of my way to improve my Status Level and basically was given a slap in face. If I had gotten the 300 TQP I'd be SELECT+ already. Traveled out to DC ( Capitol Limited roomette both ways - arrived DC 20 minutes early - yes early ) to do a Washington to New York Acela round trip in 1 night to make sure I would get SELECT+ before end of year. Again - didn't feel my ridership was valued by anyone working for Amtrak. Of course Chicago Union Station customer relations could do nothing = separate entity from Rewards.

I'm now 90TQP away from SELECT+ never got any of this status promotion love. Exactly opposite - Amtrak Rewards fought tooth and nail over 300TQP and refused - absolutely refused to offer a Goodwill Adjustment - even though I still fully feel we were in the right to expect those TQP be credited. Honestly for a loyalty program = phone representatives and their supervisors did everything in their power to make it so I would want to stop riding Amtrak. I put my rear in a seat and went out of my way to improve my Status Level and basically was given a slap in face. If I had gotten the 300 TQP I'd be SELECT+ already. Traveled out to DC ( Capitol Limited roomette both ways - arrived DC 20 minutes early - yes early ) to do a Washington to New York Acela round trip in 1 night to make sure I would get SELECT+ before end of year. Again - didn't feel my ridership was valued by anyone working for Amtrak. Of course Chicago Union Station customer relations could do nothing = separate entity from Rewards.
I'm curious about the details of the disputed 300 TQP's.

Concur. The sense of entitlement seems strong with this one.

I have no idea. Maybe a conductor didn't pull a ticket?

Finally got credits applied - experience has been less than pleasant. At some point when I'm not down with a cold I'll write a full article with details.

Of course I need my temp card for a St Louis trip this week. For some reason - system is not setup to send an email as soon as you achieve your status upgrade. That is just ridiculous in this day in age. St Louis has been decent about lounge coupons surprisingly. But doubt they will accept looking at website on my phone with my ID for lounge access.

Highly doubt that calling in to Rewards would get an email sent ASAP - previous threads seem to show mixed results on that. Rewards phone representatives honestly have been less than pleasant or helpful past few weeks. Obviously do not understand rewarding customer loyalty or basic customer service principles. Then again on certain Amtrak routes same can be said - so I guess no real surprise.

Back