Fate Of Sunset Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

had8ley

Engineer
I'm going to go out on a limb, and hopefully don't cut myself down, and predict that the Sunset east of NOL will be permanently annulled instead of temporarily talked to death. Reason being~ Amtrak is putting up one heck of a smoke screen with the CUS-SAS-LAX service and their Looney Tunes stories of needing two to three years to train crews. I betcha a dollar to donuts they'll find some in Congress who will bite into that month old donut....just one ole farts observation.

:eek:

I'm going to go out on a limb, and hopefully don't cut myself down, and predict that the Sunset east of NOL will be permanently annulled instead of temporarily talked to death. Reason being~ Amtrak is putting up one heck of a smoke screen with the CUS-SAS-LAX service and their Looney Tunes stories of needing two to three years to train crews. I betcha a dollar to donuts they'll find some in Congress who will bite into that month old donut....just one ole farts observation.
:rolleyes: Since this decision means alot to so many people,especially those of us in Texas and the

South I venture to say that you are correct sir!The 3 years to train staff fantasy is probably one of the

best smoke and mirror pr jobs Ever out of DC and Ive seen alot in my 30 yrs, of govt service(now retired! :)

Ive asked here for folks to get involved, contact their elected reps @ all levels Now while the iron is hot

so to speak for stimulus $$! Once trains start as we know they are easier to disappear than add to,

I hope we are wrong but I fear coach rides to NOL from SAS and eventually to Florida from NOL

also!(The Crescent is a long way out of the way for us to get anywhere in the south! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back