Favorite electric

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite electric

• AEM-7AC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AEM-7DC

• HHP-8

• Acela Power Car

• E-60(MA or CP)

• GG-1

• E-44

• P-32 AC-DM

• FL-9

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
We've had mulitple topics about favorite diesel power, but never electrics. So if you had to pick your favorite electric, what would it be? Also, please include a reply stating what train you would pull and why. I personally am going to go with the HHP-8 with a Silver Service train in tow, since Silver Service is my favorite service.

Banannas? is that wht you call 'em up there in Boston? That's a hippo to me. :lol:

I dont know really how they perform or anything, but Im basing my judgement on the HHP-8 just by looks, I think they are very good looking units, nice and streamlined just like the Acela Express. I also think the Acela Express is an excellent looking train, though they dont seem to perform as good as their looks. :p

<_< Not a huge fan of Acela. There is something about it that doesn't appeal to me.

I like the style of the P40's, so I went with the P32-AC. :D I guess it's more so the entire Acela trainset I don't care for.

Personally I like the AEM-7-DC's in their as built Phase III without the Ditch Lights, especially when it was hauling a Metroliner. :)

Leave it to this old-timer to vote for GG1. It is due some credit, alright, it was a workhorse for the Pennsy for years and years, not sure how many. Often handling 18 to 20 car consists.

It truly earned for itself the status of "An Institution" amongst railroad equipment.

The GG-1 was a workhorse that's for sure, I always wondered what the sight lines out of it would be based on the cab positioning and their long and high nose seems it would obstruct a lot from the engineer's view.

I recall seeing one somewhere some time ago. I did a search for it on railpictures.net and came up with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back