Finally, another Amtrak trip!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewliner

Engineer
Well guys, I'm excited to say that I'll be leaving for Florida tomorrow morning, on the Silver Star #91 out of Newark headed for Orlando. Finally a cure to my Amtrak deficiency...it's been 10 months since my last trip. This time though I'll be able to keep in touch during the trip, as I got a new phone, which includes mobile web, so I should be able to update you guys constantly. :)

Anyway, I'm excited to be going again, got more memory for my camera, so I'll be able to take plenty of pictures.... :D . I'll be returning on the Meteor on December 30th.

Anyway, I'd like to wish all of you Happy Holidays. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Have fun with that...I'll be on the Star on January 5 going to west palm beach from newark. Any particualr reason you're taking the Star over the Meteor?

Could've been the availability/pricing of rooms. I know in the past he's tried to get one of the precious few Deluxe Rooms or whatever they're calling them now. That'd be my guess.

quadrock said:
Have fun with that...I'll be on the Star on January 5 going to west palm beach from newark. Any particualr reason you're taking the Star over the Meteor?
Well, for one thing at least, probably for variety's sake. Go one way, return another; that is my policy, when there actually is a choice.

Glad to have you down here. Saturday is expected to be about 74, and about 72 on Christmas Day. Right now it's mid 40's (Thursday morning). If scheduling permits I'll wave as you go past either at work (A783 Milepost) or at WPK station.

AmtrakWPK said:
Glad to have you down here. Saturday is expected to be about 74, and about 72 on Christmas Day. Right now it's mid 40's (Thursday morning). If scheduling permits I'll wave as you go past either at work (A783 Milepost) or at WPK station.
Hey guys, I'm having breakfast at NWK now. We took the Star SB b/c we wanted the earlier arrival into ORL in case of the delay, fares are typically the same for both when the reservation first opens up. So that didn't impact it. When we go to WPB we take the Meteor both ways b/c of the shorter schedule. Hoping the recent trend of on time departures out of NYP/NWK continues for us today.

At some point I'd highly recommend taking the Star through TPA, there's some pretty cool stuff along that route, not to mention the extra mileage for no additional charge. B)

I'd have to second that. TUS is quite a building, and it's right in old downtown Tampa. We've been over there several times now, and if 91 isn't running too late, we can make a day trip of it from WPK and eat lunch at the historic Columbia Restaurant in the Ybor City area of Tampa.

AmtrakWPK said:
I'd have to second that. TUS is quite a building, and it's right in old downtown Tampa. We've been over there several times now, and if 91 isn't running too late, we can make a day trip of it from WPK and eat lunch at the historic Columbia Restaurant in the Ybor City area of Tampa.
Believe me guys, there's alot of stuff I wanna do on Amtrak including that. Anyway, I'm having lunch now. We had a scare, the board said cancelled, then delayed. We're 40 mins late in Trenton now

Aloha

Trenton, The only good thing there is the enclosed bridge so comfortable to take pictures of the train. A former jersey resident now in the middle of the pacific

GG-1 said:
Aloha
Trenton, The only good thing there is the enclosed bridge so comfortable to take pictures of the train. A former jersey resident now in the middle of the pacific
hey guys just left ALX we're currently 1 hour and 15 minutes late. In WAS I got some great pictures of the Capitol Limited consist. Going to dinner shortly, unfortunately they don't have steaks tonight, so I may go for the Pasta Primavera.

Viewliner said:
GG-1 said:
Aloha
hey guys just left ALX we're currently 1 hour and 15 minutes late. In WAS I got some great pictures of the Capitol Limited consist. Going to dinner shortly, unfortunately they don't have steaks tonight, so I may go for the Pasta Primavera.
No steaks? Who's on that crew? I hope it is a supply problem out of SSY. OBS... :blink:

Good Morning Viewliner,

I see you are about 2 plus late, but hope everything is going well otherwise.

Your Silver Service is behaving a lot better than my Crescent has been the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back