Finally!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
For the first time in 5 months, the southbound coast starlight #11, arrived into LAUPT only 53 minutes late yesterday. Before this, the most on-time #11 over the past 5 months was a 1 hour and 29 minute late train back in June. This is good for those that like to arrive into their destination the same day they are scheduled to :) . Things have been improving overall; the average delay is down from 6-7 hours to 2-3.

Dispatching is always at its worst Memorial Day through Labor Day when Amtrak ridership is at its peak. Now that we are going into the off season ridership will take a nosedive and YouPee will play a bit nicer (aka 2-3 hour delays instead of 10-12).

jccollins said:
Dispatching is always at its worst Memorial Day through Labor Day when Amtrak ridership is at its peak. Now that we are going into the off season ridership will take a nosedive and YouPee will play a bit nicer (aka 2-3 hour delays instead of 10-12).
I thought it's only the same number of passenger trains, regardless of how many passengers.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
For the first time in 5 months, the southbound coast starlight #11, arrived into LAUPT only 53 minutes late yesterday. Before this, the most on-time #11 over the past 5 months was a 1 hour and 29 minute late train back in June. This is good for those that like to arrive into their destination the same day they are scheduled to :) . Things have been improving overall; the average delay is down from 6-7 hours to 2-3.
OMG.......we're gonna have to do something about that!!! :blink: :lol: :D OBS...

gswager said:
I thought it's only the same number of passenger trains, regardless of how many passengers.
There are the same number of passenger trains year round despite the fact that ridership fluctuates. YouPee knows that more people ride those same passenger trains during the peak summer season, though, and they choose that time to delay them as much as possible (and, to be fair, do perform more work on their tracks and infrastructure during that time which in turn causes more delays).

Rumor has it (I dont know where it came from but I just heard among crewmembers) that is going to be like this for next yr or so ........

AmtrakFan said:
Well looks like UP Dispashers had to go thru more Training the next train was 5:23 Late the next day into LAX. But on the 1st 14(31) arrived Seattle 20 Min late. Well that's one Ontime for Sept.
Well the 5:23 was due more to the crew going dead south of SLO then anything else. #11 was doing about 3 hours late until it hit that snag.

Well guys, its official. We have our first on-time arrival. For the first time in just over 5 months, the southbound coast starlight, #11, arrived into LAUPT 5 minutes late tonight. Looks like the trackwork in Oregon is all but completed.

Back