First Class Station Lounges

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First Class Station Lounges

• Boston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York

• Philadelphia

• Washington

• Chicago

• Portland

• New Orleans

• Miami

• Other (please speicify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW just for what it is worth----know matter how much some of us are finding fault with CHI, let it be said that CHI Union Station actually did have a form of first class lounge before the formal Metropolitan Lounge concept was adopted. Guess it was sort of a test pattern.

I do not remember when this was but it was definately under Amtrak. I was on a trip out west, somehow found out there was a separate first class waiting area. We did show our tickets there, I am sure, and it was crowded. I do not remember where in the station it was.CUS has had many structural changes through the years and I cannot keep them clear in my mind.

What I am trying to say is that CHI has at least had the concept a long time. I do not think it was even mentioned in the timetables, this early trial-run of a first class lounge. Several trains were leaving near the same time so it was crowded, what else is new.

This polls two week run is just about up. If you haven't already voted, now's the time to do so. :)

Actually truth be told you'll still able to be vote after tomorrow, the poll just won't be pinned to the top of the forum to remind everyone to vote and look at the results. :)

I've kicked back in several of those lounges and Chicago's is just fine. I always like to get a chance to meet a few of the people with whom I might be having breakfast lunch and dinner (and those whom I may want to avoid). I've ridden the Southwest Chief, the Empire Builder and the beautiful Zephyr out of Chicago and the time spent in the first class lounge is magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back