First part of my Amtrak trip completed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Took #173 from BOS to NYP arriving about 7 minutes late at 3:57pm. Took #97 from NYP to WPB. On-time pretty much until after Savannah where a lot of track work had already begun. We crawled for a good two hours at restricted speed. At the most we ended up being about 90 minutes late, but arrival into WPB as about an hour late. Having made up lost time south of Orlando. A few familiar crew members aboard #97 that I had on #98 this past February. My sleeper attendant and the one in the 10 car were both the same, one of the attendants iand both chefs in the diner were the same, and one of the coach attendants was the same. My attendant recognized me after I told him I made the trip with him two months earlier. A little note a service in the diner. I've never seen a crew work so efficently and fast in my life and at the same time provide exceptional service. All in all I give this trip two thumbs up for great service, despite the delay, which was out of Amtrak's control.

When I got that text message from Jon I started rolling on the floor laughing, all of my classmates gave me the strangest look. (It was after school in my office, we were watching a DVD of Les Miserables.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back