First Post,Greensboro-Anniston July 21-24,2006

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Train Attendant
Tonight is my first post on here,so bear with me,lol. July 21-24th,2006,I took my 23rd Amtrak trip. I don't have quite the extensive travelogues that others on here have. I have traveled on the Carolinan,Silver Meteor,Silver Star,and Crescent,and Piedmont.

19 was actually running early into Greensboro. This was my first trip out of the new Greensboro station. It is a whole lot more roomier than the old Oakland Street Station. It is a combination of modern and old time design. The Crescent got there actually a minute early. I boarded with four other people. It was funny to watch others quickly get off in order to get a quick smoke.

The trip overnight went smoothly. I slept off and on all the way to Atlanta. Once 19 stopped,I got off to stretch my legs. From the looks of things above,a mass of humanity looked like they going to board in Atlanta. The station personnel kept having to make announcements about not going down to the platform till the boarding call was made. After we left Atlanta,we were still running ahead of schedule into Anniston.

The Crescent arrived into Anniston a minute early. The Anniston Amtrak station is a bit run down(thats being kind). Across the tracks is a not so good part of town. Oddly there were no cabs waiting at the station. I decided to wait inside the station for a few minutes. I discovered the station shares space with the Norfolk Southern office. The city is building a new station that will house Amtrak,Norfolk Southern,and be a bus station. I was a little nervous considering I was carrying my travel bag and a lap top. I finally found the cab company # that I had tucked away in my wallet. If I had known,I would of had Enterprise Rent-A Car pick me up at the station.

The crew on this leg of the trip was very talkative and humorous. Crescent crews to me seem to be the nicest out of all the trains I have ridden. Tommorrow I will write of the return trip.

Thanks for the report. We enjoy them all, so let us know about your train rides whenever they happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back