Five letters-to-the-editor about Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayman

Engineer
Here are published letters to the editor regarding the NY Times editorial about Acela and Amtrak last week. To my surprise, all five letters are from people favoring rail travel! The NY Times tries to print letters representative of the views people share with them, so that suggests that far fewer than 1/5 of the letters they received were anti-rail, which is awesome. Most of the published letters do a good job pointing out inconsistencies or errors in the original editorial piece.

I don't recognize any of the writers' names, but if any of them are by people here -- or if anyone here wrote a letter to the editor expressing similar views -- kudos! (I admit I did not do so myself.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the most important letter is the first, while correcting errors in the article states in part that moving passengers is by rail is good for America. Signed by Edward R. Hamberger, PRESIDENT OF THE AAR!

Its good to see this move from the "It'll never work" phase to "How do we make this work?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back