For Miami Joe ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Miami Joe,

Can you satisfy my curiosity? Last night (Monday) the Silver Meteor left NYP. So far today it was running over 12 hours late at Fayetteville, NC. Probably won't get into Miami until about 9 A.M. Wednesday morning.

Can you let us know what time it arrives? And what happened?????

Joe P.

Id say its most likely due to problems because of flooding, etc. associated with the hurricane/tropical or whatever kind of big swirly looking storm hitting the eastern seaboard.

P40Power said:
Id say its most likely due to problems because of flooding, etc. associated with the hurricane/tropical or whatever kind of big swirly looking storm hitting the eastern seaboard.
P40 is quite correct. The Richmond area was deluged yesterday by 6 to 11 inches of rain by TS Gaston. ACCA yard, a major terminal for CSX, was reportedly flooded with several CSX crews stranded.

Amtrak cancelled serveral trains between Richmond and DC, while others suffered from severe delays. Today's arriving Auto Train into Lorton was expected to be at least 4 hours late as of this morning. I haven't checked to see when it finally did arrive.

Wow 6-11 inches of rain!! Im suprised they didnt cancel the Meteor, thats alot of water. Id imagine that they would have had to go very slow through that area, plus with all the freight back up, yeah its not suprising that they lost 12 hours.

Kinda answered my question!! <_<

I was standing at the crossing at 11:00am and saw #97 coming into the yard. At the time, it didn't cross my mind about the weather!! :blink:

I did hear some of this morning's conference call and plans were being made for existing problems and the new problem coming soon.

Some trains will re-route, some will be cancelled and some will delay departures depending on conditions.

Will keep an ear open and try to update.

MJ B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back