Fort Worth Turnaround

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stntylr

OBS Chief
Today I did the Temple to Fort Worth and back trip. Normally not possible because the connection in Fort Worth is way to tight (only 10 minutes) but since due to UP track work the TE from San Antonio is being turned around in Fort Worth I took the opportunity.

I had a good ride up to Fort Worth, the train arrived 5 minutes early. The train stopped way at the far end of the platform in the service area. There the busses were waiting to take the passengers traveling on.

The train was serviced and the seats were turned around. When it was ready the train pulled up to the regular part of the platform and people started boarding. While that was happening the locomotives were detached and put on the new front of the train. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly.

Of course I made a video and used my new GPS for fun.

:hi: Why does that look so Familiar Stan? ^_^ And was the Hot Dog Man @ the FTW Station? When I Arrive on the way Home on #421 on March 2 I hope to eat Lunch there since we'll be on a Bustitution from LGV-FTW and Miss Lunch @ Dallas! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Why does that look so Familiar Stan? ^_^ And was the Hot Dog Man @ the FTW Station? When I Arrive on the way Home on #421 on March 2 I hope to eat Lunch there since we'll be on a Bustitution from LGV-FTW and Miss Lunch @ Dallas! :angry:
The Hot Dog guy was not there yesterday (18 FEB) when a friend and I took a beer and lunch run to FTW.

The Hot Dog guy was not there yesterday (18 FEB) when a friend and I took a beer and lunch run to FTW.
Feb 18 was when I was there.

I had a few hours to kill in Fort Worth in February due to the bustitution. The hot dog vendor was located a few blocks away outside of the convention center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back