Fred Frailey compares the Empire Builder to the Canadian

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some day I hope to be able to take the Canadian so I can make the comparison for myself!
I'm with you on that! Sounds like a possible mini-gathering when/if the prices are low enough. Maybe we could get group discount!?!
As my brother in law says, "There ya go!" ;) Not in the cards this year, but next year I will take a step closer when my driver's license expires and I get an enhanced license.

Some day I hope to be able to take the Canadian so I can make the comparison for myself!
I'm with you on that! Sounds like a possible mini-gathering when/if the prices are low enough. Maybe we could get group discount!?!
As my brother in law says, "There ya go!" ;) Not in the cards this year, but next year I will take a step closer when my driver's license expires and I get an enhanced license.
Next year will be here soon enough! If we start planning now, it could happen... (considering the way life is, or the year after. :( )

Nevertheless, if one never takes the first step...

The Canadian's OTP is actually much better than it used to be. On the 3 day schedule it was late on pretty much all my trips from Winnipeg-Vancouver, and I collected many late train credits from that. Since they have implemented the 4 night schedule, I haven't gotten a late train credit and I generally ride it at least twice a year. Most of my trips have been on time or early into Winnipeg. I don't mind leaving Toronto on Saturday night to show up for work on Monday morning since my office is about a 5 minute walk from the Via station. That being said, things can/do still go wrong so it can certainly still be late.

I've taken numerous Amtrak trains (CZ/SWC but not the EB) and I would take Via Rail everytime for service, equipment and dining car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back