Ft. Madison depot.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregL

Service Attendant
Fort Madison Amtrak station to to move to the previous Santa Fe station in downtown Ft. Madison soon. Has anyone heard an exact date?

I do think it will get done. The hardest parts, which were the platform and the floodproofing, are done. At this point most of what needs to be done is fairly standard retrofit work, though they do have to put in an ADA-accessible ticket counter. May take another year for budget reasons though.

Well, I know BNSF wants them out of the current stop at Shopton, apparently Amtrak creates a bottleneck there. Maybe they'll kick in if asked nicely.

I like how the city itself chucked plans for allowing for a ticket agent and baggage service and now has to redesign. It sounds like they released the space originally allocated for it.

Yep, the city originally allocated place and planned for the ticket counter, waiting room, and baggage handling -- then handed the space off, and are now going to have to take it back.

Back