Full CS ???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kt1i

Train Attendant
I haven't seen any mention here that the full Coast Starlight is running again. Checked the Amtrak site and it looks as if it is. :huh:

I haven't seen any mention here that the full Coast Starlight is running again. Checked the Amtrak site and it looks as if it is. :huh:
From railpac.org

May 2, 2008. COAST STARLIGHT BULLETIN

Amtrak will resume through train service on the Coast Starlight with the May 6 departure from Los Angeles Union Station and the May 7 departure from Seattle. The anticipated upgrade of service for #11 and 14 will start in late May, with an official launch on June 10.

From railpac.org

May 2, 2008. COAST STARLIGHT BULLETIN

Amtrak will resume through train service on the Coast Starlight with the May 6 departure from Los Angeles Union Station and the May 7 departure from Seattle. The anticipated upgrade of service for #11 and 14 will start in late May, with an official launch on June 10.
And I'm realllllyyy happy about that June 10th launch date of the upgraded service because my kids and I will be on the CS on June 26.

Well we did make mention of it over in this topic.

And Amtrak also made mention of it.

Amtrak will resume normal operations between Los Angeles and Seattle on the disrupted Coast Starlight route beginning Tuesday, May 6, 2008 with the northbound Coast Starlight, train #14. The first southbound Coast Starlight, train #11, will depart Seattle on Wednesday, May 7, 2008. Full service will be restored on trains operating in both directions.
The full Amtrak press release can be found here.

When they say 'upgrade of service will begin in late May" does that mean there may be a Pacific Parlour Car on the train at that time or will PPCs only be added at the June 10 relaunch date? Was confused over what upgrade of service, meant. :blink:

I really don't know anything about this, but I've gotten the impression from a few articles that the PPCs are going to be added onto Coast Starlight trains as they become available out of Beech Grove. (So random chances of having a PPC). I think the June date just means that they're guaranteed to be on all trains by then.

By all this I take it that no one here has tried the full CS route yet? I go on it the 16th May...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back