Future of Amtrak in Atlanta looks dim

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
From Atlanta, GA Journal-Constitution, 8/24/05:

Though cheap plane tickets and superhighways may have curbed its popularity, the Brookwood Amtrak Station still bustles with travelers twice a day as the Crescent train stops in Atlanta.
But the fate of the last long-distance passenger rail service serving Atlanta could depend on the outcome of a funding fight that will resume when Congress returns from its summer recess next month.
For the rest of this story, go here.

I really don't trust what I see in the AJC the way I used to; it's gone downhill considerably as a media outlet.

But I read the story anyway. The story appears to be nothing more than a "paint by numbers" exercise; put it on a par with a Big Mac or Whopper value meal. Fills you up, lots of calories, but leaves you unsatisfied somehow.

Sam Damon said:
I really don't trust what I see in the AJC the way I used to; it's gone downhill considerably as a media outlet.
Yea, I agree. Not a big fan of the ol' AJC. I was a little frustraited with the title of the Article. A friend of mine proved my point, when he thought the article was going to talk about Amtrak just not stopping in ATL anymore.

Back