Future trip not listed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
I just downloaded the new Amtrak app for my Android phone. A trip I've booked on the LSL for early November was not on my Upcoming Trips list. Then I remembered it was an AGR rewards trip booked using my wife's AGR account. However, when I went to her Amtrak profile, it wasn't listed there either even though I am looking at the eTicket I downloaded. I thought I saw a notice on the website saying something to the effect that only trips booked online will show up under the heading My Trips. I don't remember this being the case before. Maybe I just missed that quirk in the system. It would seem to me that any trip booked, either online, over the phone, or through AGR would show up in the system. I must be wrong though.

AGR trips have never shown up your amtrak.com account.

What you can do is go into your AGR account, though, and look at your "recent transactions." When you see the transaction that was the point redemption, click on more details. You can see the reservation code there and the cities you are traveling between.

This needs to change due to e-ticketing. They would show up on the airline app or reservation sight.
I agree that it would be GREAT if that could be fixed.

However, if AGR emails you the e-ticket, just save the attached .pdf locally onto your phone. I have an iPhone, and I can save the attached .pdf eticket in a variety of apps - kindle app, DocsToGo, iBook, etc.

The past May we booked an Autotrain trip going South using Amtrak AGR points and paid for the return trip going North. The confirmation was by email and the AGR portion did not show up on my Amtrak trip itinerary page online. When we arrived at the Autotrain lot gatehouse for the trip South, they couldn't find our trip reservation and had to look through a lengthly trip manifest to locate it. They found it and said to go inside the terminal to pick up our tickets.

Wouldn't things be easier for Amtrak (and for us)if they just listed all trip reservations (both paid and AGR) in the passengers "my trips" section on the Amtrak website? I often wonder what thereasonss are for not doing it this way?

Could it be a difference between the AGR system and the Amtrak system? I agree that it is a problem that should be fixed, it would create a lot less headache on both ends.

Wouldn't things be easier for Amtrak (and for us)if they just listed all trip reservations (both paid and AGR) in the passengers "my trips" section on the Amtrak website? I often wonder what thereasonss are for not doing it this way?
They're working on it, but it's not as easy as one would think because of ARROW limitations. But the linking of the Amtrak.com accounts to AGR accounts was one of the first steps in process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back