George Pullman Sleeper on TE

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John King

Train Attendant
We rode TE from CHI recently and had roomettes in the George M. Pullman. It was in great shape - clean and sparkly. I suggested to sister it was possibly brand new or most certainly a recent rehab. I wish all the cars were as nice. Anyone familiar with this car I'd love to hear about it. How can one track this car and could you plan rides around its schedule?

This is a link to image on my Facebook.

Can you tell me how to insert an image not otherwise on the internet?

PS. Riding the Crescent to NOL in August - roundtrip from PHL. Can't wait.

You can't - this forum doesn't allow picture uploads (its a server space thing). To insert a picture you have to upload it to a service that allows them and then use the proper code from that site to insert the picture here on this forum.

By the way - I can't get your FB link to work, either. Probably you have your FB settings set to not allow anyone but your friends to see your pictures.

I can't see the picture either.

If you want to upload it to the Internet but not on Facebook, try Photobucket or one of those other image hosting websites.

We rode TE from CHI recently and had roomettes in the George M. Pullman. It was in great shape - clean and sparkly. I suggested to sister it was possibly brand new or most certainly a recent rehab. I wish all the cars were as nice. Anyone familiar with this car I'd love to hear about it. How can one track this car and could you plan rides around its schedule?

This is a link to image on my Facebook.

PS. Riding the Crescent to NOL in August - roundtrip from PHL. Can't wait.
This Sleeper was Rehabbed @ the Beech Grove Shops in Indiana! Ive ridden on it twice before on the SWC and Eagle! As is true of most Amtrak Cars (Exceptions are the AutoTrain and the Acelas) it's liable to be used on any LD Route that carries Superliner Equipment! We'd all Love to see the Rest of the Old Tired Superliner Is and all of the So Called Newer IIs Rehabbed! There is a Big Difference between the Bathrooms/Shower and General Overall Condition between Rehabbed and Unrehabbed Cars including the Transdorms, Coaches,Diners, CCCs and SightSeer Lounges!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I rode it about two years ago when it was in desperate shape. George Mortimer would have hung anyone around if he had seen the condition it was in before it went to Beech Grove...

George M. Pullman is Superliner I 32009

Edward L. Ullman is the other Superliner I with its name emblazoned on its side and it is 32003

I have ridden both several times in various states of repair at various times.

Anyway, here is a more recent picture:

superliner5.jpg

Another bit of trivia according to some sources..... 32009 George M. Pullman was the last car manufactured by Pullman.

Here is Edward L Ullman (in which I had my accommodation) at Albuquerque on the Southwest Chief on our return trip from LAX during the OTOL Railfest.

Here is the Edward L. Ullman taking on pax at SAC and having a respite in Glenwood Springs. It was in pretty good condition as I recall. The ELU has been a frequent resident of the Starlight's consist over the past year or so, but I dunno where it has been running lately. Anyone seen or ridden it recently?

Can you repost the photo to photobucket, flickr, shutterfly, snapfish, picasa, or something with a link so we can all see it?

CS%20068.jpg

This is the renovated superliner I car that I was in on the CS recently. The curved door on the shower and the sink looked so much nicer than the older ones. One of the sleepers on the CS last month had what looked like nasty brown carpet on the underside of the upper bunk and on the walls. It was filthy.

This is the same view but of the unrenovated superliner II that I was in on the SWC.
Sink%20SWC%20superliner%20II.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back