Gifting points for spouse

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of gifting my wife 10,000(+30% bonus) points for Christmas. She has already purchased her 10,000 alloted points at the beginning of this year, and used those as a surprise birthday trip for me(yep, she's a keeper :wub: ) Anyhow the T&C's state all sales are final and no refunds. I would hate to buy the points for her and AGR not post them because she has already got her 10,000 points for the year. Does anyone know how this would work out? If you think I can't get the points for her its back to plan A, diamond earrings either way she'll be happy. ;)

The system will reject the sale before you get to the Credit Card point, since she's reached her limit. And the limit is based upon her account, without regard to who's buying them.

Now if you haven't brought any points for yourself, then you could consider doing that, and then transferring the points to her. That would work, although it makes the points much more expensive.

OK thanks guys. I'll just order the earrings through James Avery at the points for shopping portal at AGR under her account. That way it won't be a total point bust. just a late Christmas present :)

Back