Goin' on Vacation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewliner

Engineer
Tommorow Afternoon, I'm leaving for the Stamford, Ct. Marriott. It has a great view of the NEC and the Metro-North/Amtrak Station. I'll bring my camcorder, and scanner, and probably write a trip report. The only downside is I won't be traveling by train to get there.

Have a good trip. This is the trip you had meant to take a couple of weeks ago , isn't it? Will you get to see or take shots of the Federal?

Bill Haithcoat said:
Have a good trip. This is the trip you had meant to take a couple of weeks ago , isn't it? Will you get to see or take shots of the Federal?
Probably not, my dad doesn't want me staying up that late. :(

Viewliner said:
The only downside is I won't be traveling by train to get there.
:eek: You won't be traveling by train to get there??!! :eek:

Trader!... Just kidding. :D Have a great trip and let us know how it goes, especially all the delays and inconveniences of motoring or flying. :blink:

Thanks, I did. I wasn't bored with the Metro-North action, it was more dissapointed with the lack of Amtrak action. Did get some decent video, including a NortheastDirect Coach. Also took some photos.

Well I would think an Amtrak train would come around every hour or so, but Metro-North must have more frequencies. Glad you had fun anyway. Where is this Marriot hotel as I don't remember seeing it from the train?

Amfleet said:
Well I would think an Amtrak train would come around every hour or so, but Metro-North must have more frequencies. Glad you had fun anyway. Where is this Marriot hotel as I don't remember seeing it from the train?
Well if you were heading south, its to the right (north of the station), on the other side of I-95, I was able to see the station from where my room on the 7th floor was. The building is around the south end of the yard. Metro-North did have more frequencies, and Amtrak did come about once every hour. My video is mostly in daylight, and is nowhere near perfect but it does work.

If/when I put these videos on my site, I'll have to have some without sound (b/c of my family talking during some, while no train sound).

If you need a better idea of where the station is, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back