Good Grief! Anyone know lowest bucket??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njulian

Service Attendant
Yep..noticing AMTRAK is throwing out high prices a year out like they did on a previous booking. I'd booked a year out and the price was high, then later on checked and price was much lower so called and got diffference refunded. Can't blame them for trying to make more money, but holy cow..just checked for roomette for next August..traveling next September so maybe that will be lower than what I'm looking at, but roomette cost from ABQ to FUL is $274..yikes..anyone know the lowest bucket on this leg?

I just found that site..very cool :) checked April next year..before summer for better rates and saw $156 looked lowest, so hopefully when we get into next Sept I can do better..I wish the site had history of rates somewhere? Maybe they do and I missed it?

Yep, it's been like that for years. The advice "book early" should be revised to "book early, but not too early."

Lowest bucket for a roomette ABQ-FUL is $159, according to Amsnag.

Yep, it's been like that for years. The advice "book early" should be revised to "book early, but not too early."
I'm guessing y'all are not talking coach seats?

I booked my round trip coach ABQ ~ SAN for this December the earliest I could.

I check occasionally and it's gone up, not down. Granted, it's only gone up about $50 RT.

I just don't see spending money for a roomette on an over nighter. I'll spend it taking friends out to eat.

I'm guessing y'all are not talking coach seats?

I booked my round trip coach ABQ ~ SAN for this December the earliest I could.

I check occasionally and it's gone up, not down. Granted, it's only gone up about $50 RT.

I just don't see spending money for a roomette on an over nighter. I'll spend it taking friends out to eat.
Hey fellow New Mexican! At our age and creakiness level we just are spoiled having roomettes when kids aren't along. I guess I just check daily and hope to see a lower rate then jump on it when it shows up.

I can't remember what I paid for my trip to FUL from ABQ back in early '07. Must've been around $100ish R/T. But I did get a call from Amtrak offering me a sleeper for $100 (one way). Anyone have this happen to them recently? That was around 5 years ago...

Looks like the cheapest rate possible is 66 for railfare, 159 for sleeper ($225). Still not a bad deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back