Got ticket - Is this room okay?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayndim

Train Attendant
So I went ahead and booked my ticket online. It shows room 4, car 230. Can anyone describe the location to me? Any opinions on this room, should I try to change it, etc. It is from Maricopa to New Orleans on Sunset Limited 2.

Thanks,

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went ahead and booked my ticket online. It shows room 4, car 230. Can anyone describe the location to me? Any opinions on this room, should I try to change it, etc. It is from Maricopa to New Orleans on Sunset Limited 2.
Thanks,

Andrea
I think (if I've remembered it correctly) 230 will be the first sleeper (the one next to the diner). This means you'll get a bit more passing traffic; but only from the other sleepers. On the plus side you're closer to the diner and lounge.

Room 4 is second one along from the top of the stairs. Not too far from the coffee :) You won't know if it's on the left or right until the day; since it depends which way around the sleeper is.

Seems a pretty good location to me.

Room 4 is just as good any. You are in car 230 which means your in the sleeping car behind the diner.
Here is a diagram of the car.

Thanks. I see I am upstais, so I imagine I will have some great views. I feel like a child at Christmas booking this trip. It isn't until April and I am ready to pack now.

Andrea,

You'll love it. Upstairs is the best. You can store extra baggage downstairs. If you only have one large(er) bag, you may keep it in your room, like this . I've had Room 4 on the Sunset Ltd. before.

Excitement is good; it helps us through the winter.

Andrea,You'll love it. Upstairs is the best. You can store extra baggage downstairs. If you only have one large(er) bag, you may keep it in your room, like this . I've had Room 4 on the Sunset Ltd. before.

Excitement is good; it helps us through the winter.
I agree the excitement :rolleyes: will help you through the winter. I'm like you I'm on hold :huh: for my vacation in May. With all this bad weather and snow :angry: , I need to have something to look forward to. Sometimes I just look at my email confirmations and let my mind wonder to the pending trip. Plus I sometimes will play the dvd "rockies by rail". Only 3 months to go. ;)

Room 4 is just as good any. You are in car 230 which means your in the sleeping car behind the diner.
Hey I freaked out :blink: when I go room 19 on the CL out of Chi on my way home. But traveler explained where room 19 was. I told the AGR service person that there was no such thing as room 19 since a sleeper car only had 14 roomettes per sleeper. She said she didn't know :blink: but had roomettes 17, 18, 19. Since this is a very special trip for my sister I didn't want any surprises that would in anyway cloud this trip. But now I'm cool with it.

Is there a diagram that will show where roomette 19 is?
19 means your roomette is in the trans-dorm car. It is on the upper level, as no revenue roomettes are on the lower level of the trans-dorm. Your room will be like any other upstairs roomette.

There are no roomettes above 14 in the standard sleeper. The trans-dorm is the first car after the baggage, so, depending on how many sleepers your train carries you will be anywhere from 1 to 3 cars away from the diner. Don't know how many sleepers 30/31 carry, as I am out west, but I'd guess 2.

Normal consist for Superliner trains are engines, baggage, trans-dorm, sleeper(s), diner, lounge, coaches. There are variations when the trains split (Empire Builder, Sunset/Texas Eagle) or don't carry lounge cars (City of New Orleans).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back