Grand Canyon Railway one-way?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam31452

Service Attendant
Is it possible a one-way ticket from Williams to the Grand Canyon?

Do you know how much this costs?

Is Amtrak able to book a Train/Bus Combo (Williams-Grand Canyon-Flagstaff)?

One way tickets on the Grand Canyon Railway are definitely possible; I just booked some a few months ago. The price, if I remember correctly, was about three-quarters that of a round-trip ticket.

You can't book Grand Canyon Railway tickets on amtrak.com last time I checked. If you call Amtrak, they may be able to do it, but I would go straight to the source (call 1-800-THE-TRAIN). If your bus from Grand Canyon connects to an Amtrak train in Flagstaff, you can book it on amtrak.com, otherwise, book directly with Open Road Tours or Flagstaff Express.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not simply call them up and ask?
Well I might be in the wrong country for doing that ;)

Thanks anyway. I think Open Road Tours will be the Bus to take (cheaper & departing later)

Do you know if there's sort of a left luggage office at the South Rim ?

Why not simply call them up and ask?
Well I might be in the wrong country for doing that ;)

Thanks anyway. I think Open Road Tours will be the Bus to take (cheaper & departing later)

Use Skype. Calls to 800-numbers in the U.S. are (or were, last time I checked) free.

Also, it might clarify future questions you have if you list your location (the UK, I assume) in your profile. :)

Yes, any hotel should be able to hold your luggage if you ask them nicely and especially if you tip them. :) Maswik Lodge, the departure point of the Open Road Tours bus, may be a good choice. You may also want to consider Bright Angel Lodge (the departure point for the Flagstaff Express bus), which is very close to the Grand Canyon Railway station.

I of course did so. There's no information at all about one-way fares.

And, usually it takes much less time to get the information here, than by contacting somebody who ist paid for answering.

BTW: One-Way fare for next summer will be $ 68.35 (including NP Fee and Taxes)

Back