Great Service from Ticket Agent

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_gal_05

Train Attendant
Hello all, We drove up to Fayetteville NC yesterday to the Amtrak station to pick up our tickets for our first Amtrak trip Monday night/Tuesday morning. (train leaves at 12:45 am). I had several seasoned riders to tell me there was no need to get them this far in advance ... just arrive an hour or so earlier than our departure should be fine. :eek: Well I am glad I listened to my gut instinct. :p There were problems with my daugthers tickets. I guess it happened when I rescheduled us from the Texas Eagle to the SWC. Mine were changed in the system but something went wrong and hers were not rescheduled as thought. The ticket agent JOSH/JASON (my daughter and I differ on what we believed his name to be) was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! :hi: It took him 45 minutes and several phone calls to get the mess straightened out ALL while assisting the passengers coming in for boarding on the next train out. NOT once did he become frustrated or rude. He was FANTASTIC and kept apolozing to me for the delay in correcting the error. Mike, the other agent, came in about half way through the ordeal and was able to help the boarding passengers with luggage and tickets. I must GIVE Josh/Jason HIS PROPS!!! HE WAS A PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCE IN A BAD SITUATION. I called customer service this morning to let them know what a GREAT AGENT he is but the customer relations office is only open M-F 7 am - 10 pm EST. SO>>>> I will be making a call FIRST THING MONDAY morning.... I guess since he was working at 11:30 am yesterday our chances of him being there on Monday night are slim to none. :( BUT my first face to face interaction with an Amtrak employee was MOST REWARDING... THANK YOU Josh/Jason and I apologize for not remembering your name... BUT I will always remember the GREAT SERVICE you provided.

...my first face to face interaction with an Amtrak employee was MOST REWARDING... THANK YOU Josh/Jason and I apologize for not remembering your name... BUT I will always remember the GREAT SERVICE you provided.
Be sure to email or write to Amtrak. They'll know who it was. Glad it worked out.

Always request an email when ANYTHING is changed on your reservation - AND CHECK IT CLOSELY! Agents make errors. People make errors when making their own reservations. Have someone who did not speak to agent or make the reservation check the email so they read what they see, not what they are thinking it should say.

...my first face to face interaction with an Amtrak employee was MOST REWARDING... THANK YOU Josh/Jason and I apologize for not remembering your name... BUT I will always remember the GREAT SERVICE you provided.
Be sure to email or write to Amtrak. They'll know who it was. Glad it worked out.

Always request an email when ANYTHING is changed on your reservation - AND CHECK IT CLOSELY! Agents make errors. People make errors when making their own reservations. Have someone who did not speak to agent or make the reservation check the email so they read what they see, not what they are thinking it should say.
I did get the email but I guess I missed that my daughters was not there... IN the future I will definitely have someone else take a look too.... but since we have never used Amtrak before we might not know what we are looking for :giggle: I might have to send it to one of you experienced folks to make sure :D Thank you all for your help and for this wonderful, informative site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad everything worked out. Have a great first trip (of many more to come).

I am glad everything worked out. Have a great first trip (of many more to come).

THANK YOU... I hope to have many more :wub: ... I MAY REGRET FLYING HOME :blush: after I experience Amtrak.... BUT want to spend as much time with my daughter and new grandson in California :D ...THUS the FLY word :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back