Greeting from Chicago!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetraUPWest

Service Attendant
Recently joined- love the forum! I'm a locomotive engineer for the UP out of Chicago, strong Amtrak supporter, and railfan, just wanted to introduce myself.

Welcome to the forum!

Do you perform contract work on behalf of Metra?

Although I've been to Chicago a few times I'm not well versed on who does what for whom or how all the various players come together and where the dividing lines are.

Welcome to the forum!

Do you perform contract work on behalf of Metra?

Although I've been to Chicago a few times I'm not well versed on who does what for whom or how all the various players come together and where the dividing lines are.
I myself don't- I don't have the seniority yet to hold a Metra job as an engineer, but once I do I'm able to work the Metra UP West line if I want. When I was a Conductor I worked Metra from time to time though. UP employees in the Illinois seniority division work the UP West line, the Wisconsin division folks work the UP North and NW lines, and the BNSF line is all BNSF Chicago division employees. All other Metra lines are worked by Metra employees. Metra supplies UP with the power and coaches, and pays a portion of track maintenence that Metra runs on, but I'm not sure on the specifics of that.

Welcome aboard!
hi.gif

Back