Greetings from sunny Costa Rica.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community. I look forward to sharing ideas with other forum members on their fun experiences riding an Amtrak train.

Here, in Costa Rica, we have a simple railways system. The train goes from one end of town to the other and fortunately, there is a trip to the beach that takes 4 hours. A slow ride that creeps through the rain forest. For those that have taken the ride, it is a real treat.

Best regards,

Richard

Welcome---Welcome to this wonderful Amtrak Forums website!!

I would just LOVE to hear more details about the Costa Rica Railroad system.

I must say I never expected to see someone from Costa Rica especially in this forum.

Perhaps I am underestimating the popularity of this forum in my mind.

I would expect the mainstream Trains Magazine forum to have lots more viewers.

I am so happy that you found this excellent and informative website and forum.

I do hope that you will stick around here so that we all may learn more about the world s railway system.

I must apoligize for the very sorry condition of the American Passenger Rail system here in the USA.

I think our troubles in the USA with passenger trains politically boil down to the fact that we fail to see all railroads as Public Utilities. If they were acknowledged to be utilites then they would definitely NOT be expected to make a profit. I mean seeing a RELIABLE National Rail System as less important than the water, sewer, and electric utilities is just nuts!! ALL of those systems are pieces of a puzzle that when properly assembled create a healthy and strong nation. How some folks fail to understand that is beyond me.

Anyways thank you very much for stopping by and greeting us

Warm Regards,

Daniel

gswager and Daniel.

Thank you for your replies and warm welcome.

Daniel, you have brought up a good point. Still, there are those that enjoy a good ride and can still appreciate the time and effort made to create such a fine railway system. I even enjoyed the ride from Philadelphia to New York. To me, it was always fun to pass by the cities and towns and to receive a smile and a wave from someone standing near the tracks.

Richard

Back