Had an awesome time with my CZ/CS/SC loop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMadison

Service Attendant
omg, the western trains are really awesome, I had no idea how much fun it would be. I think the coast starlight was the highlight as well as the awesome staff on the CS / SC. The Chicago based CZ crew was a bit flakier (no real surprise, just a little less focused on the actual passengers). I can't wait to go out west again, I was really impressed with the LA based crews, those are some good people.

Made that loop, CZ/SWC/CS Sacramento to Sacramento, last May. Really good trip OBS was at the least good and sometimes very good. All trains on time or early. :)

omg, the western trains are really awesome, I had no idea how much fun it would be. I think the coast starlight was the highlight as well as the awesome staff on the CS / SC. The Chicago based CZ crew was a bit flakier (no real surprise, just a little less focused on the actual passengers). I can't wait to go out west again, I was really impressed with the LA based crews, those are some good people.
Doing the same route, but in reverse. My thoughts mirror yours on the comparison between the CZ and SC crews. You could tell the crew on the Southwest Chief was having fun along the way, and the was contagious. I thought they were the best crew I have had. The CS crew very good too in the short stretch I was with them. But these people on the CZ right now.... oh boy. I've read a bunch of trip reports here along the way, and it seems like everyone always has that one less then impressive crew. Looks like its on todays CZ for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back