Hand-written Tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
In the past, whenever I've had a paper ticket, I've always had to mail a copy in to AGR to get credit for them. But back in June, when I took the CZ detour route, I boarded in Elko, NV and had made a last minute reservation, so my only option was to pay for my ticket on board. My reservation was connected to my AGR number by the agent on the phone.

After my trip, I called AGR and asked about sending my tickets in. She said, I don't need to send them in anymore as she could see my AGR was already entered in my reservation and I'll receive credit. Well weeks have gone by and no credit. Surprise! So I filled out the missing points request on the AGR website and still have nothing. Not surprising because the ticket number printed on the hand-written ticket are different number of digits.

So was this agent wrong? Do I still need to mail in copies of my tickets to get credit? Soon, etickets will solve this problem!

Chris

In my experience, conductor written tickets always must be mailed or faxed in. I fax mine in along with a form letter that I have for the purpose and have never had an issue getting them credited promptly (they will not credit the points until three weeks after the travel date, but then they usually post them pretty quickly). There's no point in even bothering with the online form, as it won't do anything. Just mail or fax them in and you'll be good to go.

Back