Happy New Year

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane

Train Attendant
:D So, I already have my tickets for travel between Seattle and Oxnard, CA, and back in a family sleeper, on the CS and I was wondering...

Does anybody know if Amtrak does anything special on the train to celebrate the New Year?

Like music, party favors, count down, you know something like that.

Thanks,

Diane

Diane said:
:D So, I already have my tickets for travel between Seattle and Oxnard, CA, and back in a family sleeper, on the CS and I was wondering...Does anybody know if Amtrak does anything special on the train to celebrate the New Year?

Like music, party favors, count down, you know something like that.

Thanks,

Diane
Often there is something special going on in the Pacific Parlour Car on the Starlight, but there is nothing "formal" and written in stone. You know, maybe an ad-hoc countdown with your fellow passengers or something :lol:

As Anthony mentioned, there is no offical Amtrak policy on the holidays. However some of the better crews will often do little things, like string lights and stuff.

Since the Coast Starlight has some of Amtrak's best crews, you may well get lucky. I strongly suspect that there will at least be a countdown in the Parlour car, and there might even be a possibility of Champagne on that train. Since they have local wine tastings, they probably will talk a supplier into providing Champange, instead of wine.

Hey, Thanks! That is the exact kind of info that I wanted. It's a bit premature to ask but the thought crossed my mind today. Our trip this summer was amazing and Amtrak staff on board, going both ways, were some of the nicest people I have ever met. There was not one person that I had any problems with. I am hoping that it will be the same over Christmas. If that is the case then we should be in for a fun New Year!

Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back