Happy Thanksgiving

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope all have a restful day with their family and/or friends. My wife and I are with all our kids and all five grandkids.

Don't eat too much bird!

Tom

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody.

Two of the many things we can be thankful for:

1. We still have an Amtrak,---it is not perfect, but it is much better than nothing or than it might have been.

2.Thankful for the internet and this (and other)forums where we can make new friends discussing our favorite topic. Not in my wildest imaginings could I, born in 1944, have ever dreamed about this.

It would be nice if I had some sort of Thanksgiving trip on the train to tell which involved a nice dinner. Don't have that.

But I do have another kind of memory.

Back about 1962 or so I was on the old Southern Railroad's Tennessean. I was traveling from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville to my home in Chattanooga. What was special about that trip is that the train was crowded to the rooftops. I had to stand in the vestibule of a coach for the entire 2.5 hour trip. There were two other people in the vesibule with me. Our luggage, too, of course. I had an armload of school books. It was freezing cold, spitting snow. Stood the whole trip. Kind of uncomfortable but now, so many years later, it makes a neat Thanksgivng eve memory. This was at night about 9:30 p.m.to just after midnight.

Back