Hawaii Gate

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

After many years the train in Hawaii no longer has to stop for traffic on it's short journey, A crossing gate and flashers is installed. Video Here More to come.

Aloha
After many years the train in Hawaii no longer has to stop for traffic on it's short journey, A crossing gate and flashers is installed. Video Here More to come.
Didn't look like there were many or any tourists on that train.
Aloha

The guy that did the video took it during the testing, If you rush :rolleyes: you could be here to ride it the first time as a tourist this Sunday, I might do it myself as it will be the 2nd Sunday, and they run the Wood Parlor car that they have restored on the 2nd Sunday.

Aloha
Whoa, is that in terms of rail transportation in HI??
Aloha

I don't know if it can be called transportation, as you get off at the same place you get on, but it is rail, 36" gage and in Hawaii. :)

Aloha
Aloha

I don't know if it can be called transportation, as you get off at the same place you get on, but it is rail, 36" gage and in Hawaii. :)
lol. Well at least you have something :lol:

Maybe in a few years you can ride on some real rails in Honolulu, but it will not have any public road crossings.
Aloha

George I sure hope so, but some 20 years ago we blew it and I am not sure the city "leaders" will get it right this time, or yet in time for me to ride in my lifetime. Also I wish they were planning a light airy structure Monorail as it would blend in much better while getting people around in a pleasant manor. What is on the drawing board appears to be a "heavy rail" being described as "light rail". I seem to remember the elevated structure is 35 feet wide at varying heights according to where it is passing.

Wish us Luck

Eric

George I sure hope so, but some 20 years ago we blew it and I am not sure the city "leaders" will get it right this time, or yet in time for me to ride in my lifetime. Also I wish they were planning a light airy structure Monorail as it would blend in much better while getting people around in a pleasant manor. What is on the drawing board appears to be a "heavy rail" being described as "light rail". I seem to remember the elevated structure is 35 feet wide at varying heights according to where it is passing.
That hardly sounds any worse than the H-1 freeway.

I don't know if it can be called transportation, as you get off at the same place you get on
So would my trip back be called "transportation"? :eek:

I traveled from PDX-CHI from Saturday to Tuesday. Then I went CHI-CVS-NOL-SAS-CHI from Tuesday to Sunday. So I went from CHI to CHI (and got off at the same place I got on)! :p

OK, it was more than a few hours! :lol:

I don't know if it can be called transportation, as you get off at the same place you get on
So would my trip back be called "transportation"? :eek:

I traveled from PDX-CHI from Saturday to Tuesday. Then I went CHI-CVS-NOL-SAS-CHI from Tuesday to Sunday. So I went from CHI to CHI (and got off at the same place I got on)! :p

OK, it was more than a few hours! :lol:
I think most people would call your trip crazy here on AU we'd call it taking the fun way :)

Back